Whilst I realise that a rejection with a request for more writing is better than simply being ignored, I’m still feeling that stinging sensation that comes with knowing nobody want what you are selling,,, nobody is picking up what you are putting down… no one finds your ideas intriguing and wishes to subscribe to your news letter… Shall I continue…
No.. no you are right best leave that be. Here are 5 ways I am attempting to cope with an almost across the board auto-reply-zoning of my submitted work at the moment:
- Liquorice; I didn’t get to the size I am without some serious and pointless junk food binging. Liquorice is my indulgence of choice this time around.
- Getting snippy with acquaintances; Nothing puts things in perspective, and fills me with regret like inadvertently burning bridges with people you just met or barely know for reasons that are wholly unrelated to anything they are even slightly connected with. Rampaging Morgan turns into angry she-hulk at the slightest provocation.
- Making lists; This is not a good example of my list related neurosis. The lists I am talking about are definitely private, embarrassing, and one of the few ways I am able to convince myself that I am in control of my life… to any extent… at all.. ever… (you can tell this isn’t one of those because there are; a. no times jotted down and crossed out along the margins and b. no tiny arbitrary jobs that I can tick off without trying to make myself feel better)
- Crochet; Or any yarn related hobby. It gives the illusion of productivity without having to face the reality of the situation.
- Making excuses to play games; Oh I’m just going to play this game for 5 minutes then I’ll get to work…. look I even set a timer… *snooze*…. *snooze* actually I should keep playing this because I can review to for the blog….. Well I’ve finished that now… hmmm it was released a while ago maybe I should look for a more recent release to review…. and so on….